I love gin. Fact. Its my favourite drink, Friday afternoon, sunshine, and its time for the weekend – the only way to enjoy it is by sipping on a good old gin and tonic. Today with all the lovely craft gin available it makes drinking that much more enjoyable. The mix of flavours and styles really makes for a perfect afternoon. So for all you Gin lovers or for those who are still unsure, let me introduce you to The Ginbox, a craft gin club
The Ginbox has just launched in Johannesburg and it’s absolutely fabulous. Basically, you sign up and they courier a box of gin nationwide. Each box showcases a craft gin made here in SA (note we have 103 gin distilleries to date in SA) with unique tonics that accompany the gin and hand-picked gourmet food items that complement the taste journey of the month. I mean, it couldn’t get better!
You can sign up monthly, bi-monthly, quarterly or you can buy a box once off. And the whole idea is to form a Gin tray in your house. Rather than show casing what wine you have, the newest trend is showcase your gin. You basically form a gin tray with all the delights to mix with it. Impress all your friends and family and show off some magical and delicious twists! I mean come one. Its great and it comes to your door! No fuss. Its so easy! And they are often themed according to the time of year.
Sooooooooooo, what’s in the box
They showcase South Africa’s finest craft Gin.
What can you expect?
- Private delivery to your door
- A new mystery 750ml bottle one of South Africa’s unique craft gins
- Two to four unique local or international tonics
- Three hand-selected gourmet food items that are often not readily available from retail stores.
- A comprehensive list of distiller’s notes
- A history of the gin from the origination of the name, through to the distillation process, its unique properties
- Creative suggestions for quality pairings
- Ideas on experimental garnishes to bring your drink and glass to life